Join the party at Hogsmeade. Don't forget to read this first: Clicky!

Top Sites (Vote for Us!)
Unbound Topsites - A Video Game RP Listing

Add Reply
New Poll

Brick By Boring Brick
Jun 13 2017, 06:30 PM

(Closed to Amara)

Considering that it was a muggy Sunday afternoon that was threatening rain, the Three Broomsticks was empty as residents decided to stay at home and visitors traveled back from whence they came. Jesse was used to it by now but it didn’t really help to make his day pass by any faster. He preferred the hustle of the inn and having to work even harder to do his job correctly simply because it gave him a challenge. Instead, on days like these the young dropout was stuck time-watching and stuck in an endless loop of hopeful wishes for his day to end.

It probably didn’t help any that over the last couple of weeks his sister had grown sicker. The treatment she was receiving at St. Mungo's had seemed like it was helping at first and he’d put his entire savings into getting her that help but then it all came crashing down and she almost seemed as if she was worse off than she had been before. They still had yet to figure out what would help her illness let alone actually come up with a name for it but the fact that something had started to help kept a bit of faith in the back of his mind. It kept pushing him to continue on with this crappy dead end job.

Katherine was a fighter though and all Jay could do was sit back and hope that she would come through this better than ever and be able to have a normal life. It’s all he wanted for her and the only reason he left school to begin with. Over the last few days though, the Crowell household seemed to have a black cloud hovering over it as his dad rolled back into town like everything was going to be damn perfect. When the man saw the little one for himself he decided to up and leave again - just like he’d always done when things were rough.

Leaning against the counter and looking around the bare inn, he sighed and swung around to take a seat. ”It’s quiet so I’ll take my break for now.” He called out to no one in particular but when the new girl popped her head out of the kitchen and called out saying that was fine he gave a gentle smile at the acknowledgement before placing his head down on the old wooden counter. If there was one good thing about working the restaurant it was perhaps the absence of their boss, Vrark. He kept his mutt outside at almost all times but the goblin himself usually stayed holed up somewhere in his office doing merlin knows what. It was better than having the man breathing down their necks… not that he could reach that high anyway.

He was actually glad for that after what happened not too long ago. That Eldridge kid coming in here and having words with him didn’t exactly look good when Ahnarm found out. He was hanging by a thread to keep this job and his sister’s life depended on it. Getting into a fight with a customer didn’t help his case any and the Hufflepuff was skating on thin ice. Jesse was lucky enough to have even kept his job after that and ever since he’d kept a bit more on the quiet when dealing with customers, especially the rowdy ones.

Waiter ✘ 6 posts ✘ Member ✘
Male ✘ 18 Years Old ✘ Hufflepuff ✘ Drop Out ✘ Offline
Link | | Quote | |
Jun 15 2017, 05:24 PM

(Lars gave me permission to slightly god mode him)

It had been quite awhile since Amara had been given the chance to get away from the castle and her duties for a bit, so the moment she had been given the go ahead to take the day off she had jumped on it and convinced Lars to go to Hogsmeade with her since she still couldn’t completely travel on her own. I really need to learn how to apparate one of these days. she thought as she happily skipped down the road looking in through some of the shop windows. Normally she was one who preferred to use the floo network or port keys since they were a lot safer than appearing, but neither of those were all that reliable at the moment due to the nutcase who activate the leylines and made stuff start going wonky.

A soft smile played on her lips as she took a bit out of a bar of chocolate she purchased from Honeydukes. Unfortunately she couldn’t actually taste it anymore, but she could at least pretend to as she had sweets from the shop before and remembered exactly how they tasted. There were a few different things the blonde missed about being a living human, but not being able to taste anything was one of the biggest negatives to being what she was, and while the taste of blood was something she enjoyed since it was now how she was built to function, she wouldn’t mind being about to taste other things again.

Memory after memory flashed through her mind as she looked at the different stores and places that she had used to love visiting with her friends when she was still a student. Over to the side was where her and group of students had gotten into a huge snowball fight in the winter of her fifth year while down the way a bit was where she had gotten her first kiss in her third year. Her brown eyes seemed to brighten as they landed on the three broomsticks; the place where her and her friends always hung out each time they visited the village. It had been years since she last stepped foot in the building and it was time to rectify that.

”Come on!” she squealed happily as she grabbed Lars’ hand and began to rush forward until she eventually made it inside. Looking around, a sense of nostalgia washed over her. Amara never knew how much she had actually missed the place until that moment, it was just too bad she wasn’t allowed to bring her sister her. That was the downside of being muggle born. ”You know, me and the other hufflepuffs used to hang out here all the time and see who could drink the most butterbeers.” she commented.

And then she caught sight of an old friend that she hadn’t heard from since she graduated. ”Jesse my love!” she exclaimed as she let go of the older vampire’s hand and ran over to the other guy and threw her arms around him. ”You’re still cute as ever and I haven’t seen you in ages. I didn’t know you worked here.” she stated before finally letting go of him. ”I’d order something but sadly my sense of taste has been taken from me…” she quietly added on with a meek smile that showed off the pair of fangs she now had. ”Anyways, how are you?” she asked, hoping to avoid the whole vampire thing for at least a little bit.

--------------------
user posted image
made by Ashton

Caretaker ✘ 38 posts ✘ Member ✘ Vampire
Female ✘ 20 Years Old ✘ Hufflepuff ✘ Graduate ✘ Offline
Link | | Quote | |
Jun 16 2017, 01:06 AM

It seemed like just his luck that the moment he sat down and sulked was the very same that someone walked in. To his surprise, instead of them sitting down in a booth nearby he heard feet bounding towards him directly. ”Jesse my love!” A familiar voice came and he turned just in time to see Amara standing there before him, just as lovely as she’d always been if not a little more pale than usual. Her arms quickly wrapped around him and in the moment of being caught off guard he barely had a chance to hug her back before she pulled away.

”You’re still cute as ever and I haven’t seen you in ages. I didn’t know you worked here.” She commented causing him to awkwardly run a hand through his hair. The last he knew, she’d been making a name for herself as a model and he hadn’t seen her much since she graduated. There was actually quite a lot that she’d missed out on since then, like the fact that he dropped out. ”I’d order something but sadly my sense of taste has been taken from me…” She carried on before flashing him a pair of pearly white fangs. His eyes widened in shock for a moment as he took in what that surely meant. She’d been turned into a vampire and judging from the guy standing in the back that looked like her bodyguard, he assumed that the other man was possibly the one who turned her.

”Anyways, how are you?” Vaughn managed to ask before he could question any of it. Jesse wasn’t an idiot and took that as a queue that she didn’t quite want to talk about that subject. ”Well.. I uh. I’m good I guess?” He offered with a grin before ushering her to sit down on the stool next to him. ”I can’t even believe you’re here. I mean, I just saw you on the cover of a magazine a few months back and now you’re back here in some dingy old place we all used to hang out.” He chuckled before pausing for a moment and looking towards her.

”You’re doing okay right?” The former huff questioned with a worried expression written across his face before he leaned in to whisper, ”I’ve got a spare room at home still if you need anywhere to crash.” The menacing-looking vamp in the back certainly made him a bit cautious and worried for her safety. It certainly had been ages since the woman had graced his presence and since they’d all had a bit of time to hang out here like the old days. Not that many people much wanted to spend time with him anymore. They were all moving onto bigger and better things while he continued on stuck in this rut.

”Just say the word,” he smiled and leaned back. He’d always had a soft spot for the blonde for some reason, even when she managed to sass the hell out of him. She was a special kind of person and the idea of her being stuck with some maniac didn’t sit well with him. Not that he knew the guy whatsoever, but he did look creepy enough just standing there watching them. Who does that kind of thing?

(btw Lars did give us permission to godmod his creepy arse :F)

Link | | Quote | |
Jun 17 2017, 02:45 PM

”I can’t even believe you’re here. I mean, I just saw you on the cover of a magazine a few months back and now you’re back here in some dingy old place we all used to hang out.” a smile tugged at the corner of her lips as took a seat next to him and listened to him speak. Being able to actually see a familiar face and catch up with them was enough to make the vampire feel less lonely even if for only a little bit. However, his words also made her think about how things had used to be before she was turned. The blonde was still in the process of trying to get used to not having all eyes on her.

The moment she heard Jesse ask if she as okay before leaning in and whispering that he had an extra room if she needed it she nearly let out a chuckle and was slightly surprised that Lars refrained from letting out some sort sassy remark. In a tone barely above a whisper, she replied to him. ”Jesse, sweetheart, I’m not sure if you know this but a vampire’s hearing is a lot better than you think and I can promise Lars definitely heard you.” she let out a light giggle. ”Don’t worry, I’m as fine as I can be for the situation I’m in. He may look a little intimidating but he’s a total teddy bear around me.” she commented.

For a moment the vampire leaned back and sucked in a breath of air as she thought about everything that had happened. Amara had lost pretty much everything the night she had been turned but compared to how bad it could have been, she also had it pretty easy. Her and the older vampire maybe hadn’t started off on the best of terms, but somehow they had managed to get through it and even she couldn’t deny that she’d be lost without him around to drag her out of the many odd situations she seemed to get herself into.

”I’ll admit that it hasn’t been easy and I’ve had to give up my career and change how I live, but I think I’m doing fairly good with trying to make the best out of a pretty cruddy situation. I mean I still have some pent up anger at whoever the hell decided to attack and do this to me, but I promise Lars isn’t the problem and has been helping me get the hang of things,” she went on as the smile that had been on her lips slowly dropped. Though she didn’t want to admit it, the woman still struggled with the urge to bite people and she was trying to ignore the fact that she wouldn’t have minded taking a bite at him right about now.

Shaking herself out of her thoughts, she looked back up at the brunette and took in his features while noting those that had changed since she last saw him. ”Anyways, enough about me and my deadness, what about you? It’s been three years since I last saw you so what have you been up to? It...it’s been so long since I’ve seen any of you guys and I’m terrible for not trying to keep in contact with any of you.” she said with a sigh. Maybe she hadn’t been that great of a friend and was only bugging the man.

--------------------
user posted image
made by Ashton

Caretaker ✘ 38 posts ✘ Member ✘ Vampire
Female ✘ 20 Years Old ✘ Hufflepuff ✘ Graduate ✘ Offline
Link | | Quote | |
Jun 19 2017, 06:11 PM

Crowell knew next to nothing about vampires. It wasn’t really that he didn’t pay much attention in school but that not a lot was really taught on the subject as far as he could remember. For the most part, he only really recalled their ‘sustenance’ being talked about and how sunlight was like a minor burn to them. It came as a bit of a surprise when Amara leaned forward to whisper back to him that the other vampire could most definitely hear his comment. It also worried him a bit that she was basically stuck with some guard dog that couldn’t even give her the luxury of a private conversation. ”Don’t worry, I’m as fine as I can be for the situation I’m in. He may look a little intimidating but he’s a total teddy bear around me.” She spoke up almost as if she could read his thoughts.

As she explained that she’d lost her career and things had been pretty crappy along the way, he felt a sadness wash over him. She was just barely older than him and already struggling because of something like this, of all things. The only thing that made him feel slightly better is that she’d mentioned that the other vampire, Lars, was taking care of her. At least she had someone helping her through the situation. ”Anyways, enough about me and my deadness, what about you? It’s been three years since I last saw you so what have you been up to?” His eyes widened at the way she nonchalantly seemed to throw out the comment about her death. It wasn’t something he’d be able to come to terms with so quickly but maybe whatever was happening with the woman had been going on long enough. Jay was just finding out about this stuff now so it was hard for him to even grasp the idea.

”It...it’s been so long since I’ve seen any of you guys and I’m terrible for not trying to keep in contact with any of you.” The moment she’d uttered that last bit to her comment and finished speaking, his eyes lowered to the floor for a moment. ”Amara.. I..” As he looked up at her, his clear blue eyes hardened for a split second before they softened once more. ”You’re the first person to talk to me since I dropped out. Everyone else is… well I don’t know.” He explained in a low tone. It wasn’t like Jesse to wear his emotions on his sleeve but with Vaughn, he never could hide anything from her.

”Jenna, well, she’s worse and my dad finally walked out. That’s why I picked up this job.” He muttered, pained to even say the words in the first place. Placing a hand over his eyes before pinching the bridge of his nose, Jay looked up at the woman and tried to get a read on her expression as she sat there. Unfortunately for him, he’d barely had a moment to even gather his thoughts when he heard someone calling from the back that his break was up. ”Sorry to leave on such a sour note but… yeah.” He said before placing his hand on her shoulder and standing up.

While it felt nice to finally have someone to tell, he;d been hoping for a bit more time with the vampire in order to catch up. It really had been far too long and it seemed like they both had a shitstorm of their own. A small dribble of doubt began to leak in, wondering if she’d even want to talk to him still but then he had to remind himself that this was Amara. As long as he’d known her, the witch had never let him down and she’d been there for him when all of this stuff began to happen. Everyone else never really seemed like they cared much for his issues but she was probably a constant in his life up until she’d graduated.

Link | | Quote | |
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Skinned by Thisbe of the RPG-Directory

Push Sidebar by MERC of Merc does Cookies.
Tooltips by MALIHU.
Pop out PM by BLACK @ Code

Affiliates & Resources

RPG-D

Werld of Pwnage
Admin ★ | Mods ☆