Join the party at Hogsmeade. Don't forget to read this first: Clicky!

Top Sites (Vote for Us!)
Unbound Topsites - A Video Game RP Listing

Add Reply
New Poll

Slytherberries, Closed to Tiberius Malachi Winterley
May 20 2017, 06:17 PM

Red - bright red fruits shining in a competition against the sun. For now - the fruits win. Clouds conceal some of the sunbeams, the ones shining through supporting the juicy looking fruits. Besides the fact that sunlight is very important for our daily lives, the sun loses all contest against our beloved strawberries. They don't burn you if you touch them, they are small enough to eat them and they don't hurt your eyes if you admire their beauty for a long time. But manderines were still better, at least for Skya. This perfect texture combined with this perfect amount of sweetness, embellished with a little bit of sourness - pure perfection. And besides that, there are people with a strawberry allergy, so the sun still has some chances.

As Skya had eaten enough manderines this month, she decided it would be a great idea to eat strawberries as a snack for once. Just like on the previous sunny days, the fake blonde went to the courtyards. This time with a bowl of fresh strawberries. Their smell reminend her of her childhood friend, she could rarely eat some herself as they were eaten in just a few seconds. Well, at least it always seemed like it for her. They spent most of their time at the beach, having a picnic or building castles out of sand, clams and some little stones too. Her memories of the beach were her most cherished ones. She had her first encounters with muggles there too and they teached her how to surf. It was the first sport she performed and she loved it with all her heart. The water sprinkling all over her, the fresh, salty scent and this feeling of being free while balancing on the board.

Eventually she realized that she was just walking in a random direction. Typical... Skya looked around and decided to sit down on one of the frames, crossing her legs. There weren't too many people, so she had most of them in her range of vision. Her stomach started to grumble. Strawberry time! She grinned satisfied looking at the fruits. They will be yummy for sure, but it's strange not to share them with somebody - so unusual. Just after she finished that thought, she noticed somebody near her glancing at the strawberries, but just from the side. As she started looking next to her, that somebody turned their head away from her. She checked out if that was going to happen again and again - and it did. The Slytherin had to chuckle.

That black haired guy - at least he looked like a guy - who was probably interested in her strawberries seemed kind of familiar. She was sure she saw him almost on a daily basis, but she just couldn't make out who it was. If she could just see his face... Oh there is a way to kill two flies at a single stroke. Skya put on a cheerful smile and turned towards him. "You know, I'm already used to sharing my strawberries, so if you want some of them - I wouldn't mind giving you."

--------------------
user posted image
Thank you so much for this beautiful siggie
Lilli!

✘ 32 posts ✘ Member ✘
Female ✘ 15 Years Old ✘ Slytherin ✘ Fifth Year ✘ Offline
Link | | Quote | |
May 21 2017, 06:09 PM

From his dimly lit spot within the courtyard shelters, Ty couldn’t help stealing furtive glances beneath his lashes at the glorious sight of piled strawberries - his favourite food. The witch, a fellow Slytherin, caught him looking and he quickly cast his muddy blue-green eyes to the floor. Ever the people-watcher, he knew all of his housemates, and plenty of other students, by name if not by character. Skya was no exception. All blonde hair and honesty, she appeared almost completely at odds with his own sickly pallor and false nature. In fact, the wizard was often at odds with himself. It certainly kept things interesting.

“You know, I’m already used to sharing my strawberries, so if you want some of them - I wouldn’t mind giving you.” She wore a cheerful smile, and yet Tiberius hesitated at how right on the mark she was - and presumptuous. Yet the rich strawberry red of the fruit beckoned and the wizard found himself stepping out of the shade and into the sunlight.

”Who ever said I was looking at the strawberries?” Ty asked automatically, implying that he’d been checking out the blonde herself. Shielding his eyes against the brightness as he tucked his lanky body into the frame next to her, the wizard rubbed absently at the dark circles under his eyes and silently cursed. They were just strawberries. It wasn’t like she’d asked for his deepest, darkest secrets for Merlin’s sake. Even so, lying about anything that directly affected him was second nature to the Slytherin and he suddenly found himself backtracking.

”I mean to say - thank you, Skya,” he muttered with a weak smile. Plucking a plump fruit from the mound, the fifth year greedily yanked off the greenery and closed his eyes. He inhaled the scent deeply. In that one breath he felt the coming of summer, the onset of happy times and a carefree sense of being.

And the taste? The moment her popped the strawberry into his mouth and bit down, the sweet juices flooded his mouth and Tiberius’ eyes flew open. They tasted even better than they looked and smelled. ”Wow, they’re really good,” the wizard covered his mouth and mumbled through his fingers, swallowing the pulp soon after. He tried to keep his gaze steadily on the girl’s face, only to have it flicker between her and the oh-so-inviting pile of fruits.

--------
Great RPing! 5 points to Slytherin - Ashton

✘ 12 posts ✘ Member ✘
Male ✘ 16 Years Old ✘ Slytherin ✘ Fifth Year ✘ Offline
Link | | Quote | |
May 22 2017, 05:30 PM

"Who ever said I was looking at the strawberries?" Skya cocked an eyebrow on him. "I don't think my lap is that interesting." Without expecting an answer she looked up to the sun and put the bowl of starberries closer to his side, so it would be easier for him to take them. What a pretty day... The only thing missing is the sound of the ocean. She sighed at the thought of her usual holidays in Hawaii. Her family motherly side lived there, so you could say it's her second home. There was no help but missing the light breeze mixed with the warm touch of the sun embracing her skin, the sand between her toes and this fresh scent of salty water. Oh, how much she missed it.

The other Slytherin's voice pulled her out of her thoughts and suddenly she felt her eyes hurt, probably because she kept starring at the sun. She screwed up her eyes while shaking her head and turned to him. "I mean to say - thank you, Skya." Skya returned the smile, but less weakly than him.

As she examined his face she noticed his dark circles under his muddy blue-green eyes first. She recognized the guy, remembering him from some of her classes and also the Slytherin common room. Definitly the same year as her. I wonder what he's doing to have such dark circles everyday... Besides that there was nothing else coming to her mind about him. They never had any kind of conservation - maybe they exchanged a few words, but that was it. The only thing she should actually know was his name, but probably she didn't expect to have to remember it someday. Now she had choose, guess his name - or ask him about that later. The first choice needed a lot of luck, so choosing that wouldn't be too smart.
And of course she knew that. The 2nd choice may be embarrasing for most, but not for Skya. That's just how it is, she forgot his name. They're not friends or anything, so there shouldn't be a problem with that.

But for now she didn't want to interrupt his happy moment as he ate the strawberry he'd taken just now very expressively. "Wow, they’re really good." he mumbled through his fingers while covering his mouth. "Oh Merlin," Skya hold her nose to prevent her from laughing, but she couldn't do anything about the grunting noise coming from her,"I can tell you enjoy them very much!"

--------
Awesome RPing! 5 points to Slytherin - Ashton

--------------------
user posted image
Lilli!

✘ 32 posts ✘ Member ✘
Link | | Quote | |
May 26 2017, 09:03 PM

Every time he caught the expression of vacant, partial-recognition Skya was currently wearing, the wizard told himself it didn’t matter whether or not his housemates knew he existed. Of course it mattered. His acquaintances were few and his friends even fewer, and each of those connections were superficial. Ty was used to his lot in life, and the way other people’s eyes passed over him meant he could often go unnoticed in a crowded room. It made observing people from the shadows without them ever knowing all that much easier.

With a gentle sigh, the fifth year picked up another fruit and rolled it between his slender fingers. They were ripe, and close to being crushed under even the gentlest of pressure, and scent was absolutely divine. He plucked off the leaves and shoved the strawberry into his mouth, his eyes practically rolling back into his head as the sweetness hit his tongue.

”Do you know what goes really well with strawberries?” Tiberius gave the witch a superior look, and with that he shoved both hands in his pockets and started digging around, dropping all kinds of junk on the floor at their feet as he went. An old, battered pack of playing cards that his father gave him last year. Less than a Galleon - oh, how the family fortune had shrunk recently - in loose Sickles and Knuts. This morning’s owl from his mother, unopened and straight from her delightful little cell in Azkaban. A homemade lip balm from an aunt, and...

”Chocolate.” He emerged triumphantly with a half-eaten bar from the depths of his pockets and peeled back the wrapper. It wasn’t unusual for a teenager to carry sweets around it their pocket. Even so, he felt the need to deflect the simple reason he carried it around with him by using humour. ”Because you never know when that innocent looking first year will turn out to be a Dementor, right?” This time his thin smile held a little genuine warmth.

Moving swiftly on, the wizard began the search for something he could use as some kind of dish. When nothing jumped out at him as being obvious, Ty shifted in the frame and slipped his hand inside his greed-and-gold brocade jacket, pulling his wand free, and tapped it twice against the peeling cardboard box containing the card deck. A few seconds and a little willpower later he was left with a shallow dish not much bigger than the lid of a jam jar, complete with the familiar black fleur de lis pattern found on the back of every card in the deck. If he wasn’t so insistent on cutting corners to get the task done quicker, the wizard might have created a bowl or plate perfectly resembling the tableware in the Great Hall. It was laziness on his part to go straight for the quick fix.

Melting the chocolate into the dish was simply a case of throwing the squares in and heating it with the tip of his wand, releasing a mouth-watering delicate scent. ”Everything tastes better with strawberries, even chocolate.” For a moment, Tiberius was amused to find that statement was the whole truth without embellishment of any kind, and his eyes crinkled up at the corners with a smile. ”Ladies first?” He offered Skya the first dip if she wanted to take it, though while he waited, the wizard couldn’t help sneaking another strawberry straight from the bowl and popping it right into his mouth.

✘ 12 posts ✘ Member ✘
Link | | Quote | |
Jun 6 2017, 03:07 PM

"Oh my, you gentleman!" Skya giggled jokingly, "And I have to agree, strawberries are true pros in making things taste better." She accpeted his offer and let out a pleased sigh as the chocolate and strawberry created a tasty explosion in her mouth, even though it was a little bit too sweet for her taste. Something sour would have made this even better - or just a less ripe strawberry. Though a fresh piece of orange still couldn't be topped by that.

This moment was truly nostalgic even though she was sure her childhoodfriend and she did never dunk their strawberries in chocolate even if it's totally obvious. Instead they played a little game in which they just covered their eyes and grabbed one strawberry after counting to three. After that they had to open their eyes and the one with the larger strawberry got to eat both! Skya always tried to remember where the smaller ones were as she knew she liked them less than her friend. But of course she had to win too sometimes - it would be way too suspicious to lose everytime.

But she had to stop thinking back all the time now, her homesickness was worse enough already. Luckily the bright sun let her relax a little bit - though sun glasses would be helpful. Now she just had to remember to take at least one of her at least 50 sun glasses with her everyday from now on.

"Uhm... So..." She tried to sound gentle, "I know we are in the same house and stuff, but as you are a kind of shadow person that could probably save the whole world by taking down the evil from behind as they won't see yo-" Skya stopped and cleared her throat. "I'm sorry, I'm still trying to hold back sometimes..." This was a rare situation - Skya being embarrassed. Everything was fine until she started thinking about what she was saying - annoying. "I promise I will ask this the last time now as I appreciate your company, so... What was your name again?"

--------------------
user posted image
Lilli!

✘ 32 posts ✘ Member ✘
Link | | Quote | |
Jun 15 2017, 08:13 AM

He waited for Skya to pop one of the chocolate coated fruits into her mouth and not a seconds more. Sitting next to dishes containing two of his favourite foods made it hard to resist. No taste on the planet compared to the flavour of ripe strawberries, except for maybe dipping a few into something even sweeter. As he swirled a large red fruit in the melted chocolate, Ty chuckled softly at his sweet tooth getting the better of him once again. Before he’d even taken the first bite he was practically drooling from the delicious scent alone.

As always, the flavour was even better than the smell. The wizard closed his eyes for a second and groaned as the sweet and creamy flavours lit up his taste buds. It was devine. He was on his second and third treat before he even realised what he was doing, his pallid face turned to the sun and cast into shade by his long fingers. They were musician’s hands - so he'd been told. Yet the boy didn’t play so much as a note.

Tiberius would have been content to sit in companionable silence. Although it would have been rude not to listen to Skya seeing as he had to restrain himself from picking his way through the rest of the strawberries. Not that he would admit it out loud, but he was pleased to hear that she knew they were in the same house at least. Most people wouldn’t even know that he attended the school. Any friendships he made were seemingly temporary, and the people involved tended to forget he actually existed shortly after he moved on. The young Slytherin preferred not to form attachments, he spent far too much time expecting people to let him down. He’d learned quickly enough from his own experiences and watching others that people disappoint and hurt each other. It’s what they do, after all.

If Ty had to be honest - and let’s face it, he rarely was - he both appreciated the witch noticing that he stuck to the shadows, and was a little disturbed by it. Nobody really saw him, and that fact usually comforted and hurt him all at once. Then there was the slightly off-kilter way she spoke. It was earnest, and more than a little fantastical. Well, it had to be imagination, because the thought of his skinny backside saving the world was almost too funny to think about.

The wizard smiled goofily at the idea, an act that almost swallowed up his blue-green eyes in the crinkling of his face and lit up his expression at the same time. ”I’m Ty,” he answered simply and truthfully, fully expecting the blonde to forget it the moment they parted ways. He was used to people seeing him every day and looking right through him. ”But my full name is Tiberius Malachi Winterley. I know, what parents call their kid something like that in this day and age?” The thing was, Tiberius actually liked his name - apart from the tainted Winterley suffix. There wasn’t much of a reason behind saying it in the first place, maybe apart from maybe glossing over Skya’s hesitation like it never happened. Even considering that he only observed from a distance, the dark haired boy was almost certain he’d never seen Skya backtrack like that before.

”You needn’t apologise for not knowing who I am - people usually don’t. It’s fine.” He flapped a hand dismissively. Once again, the Slytherin didn’t know whether he was lying to Skya or himself. It clearly wasn’t fine to go unnoticed in a crowded place, or for his housemates in his own year group not to know his name. Then again, he acted like it didn’t matter so often that it felt like he was beginning to believe his own bullshit story. He rubbed absently around the dry skin on his lips and avoided looking directly at the witch. It was an action he unconsciously did when trying to sell a lie that made him slightly uncomfortable.

"Besides, I can’t exactly go around saving the world from the shadows if everybody notices me. My career as an international super spy would be over before it began, and think of all the ladies that would disappoint,” he teased the blonde playfully in an attempt to turn the conversation in a lighter direction. Although he might be able to deflect well enough to sound like he was god's gift to women, the boy actually had pretty much zero self confidence.

✘ 12 posts ✘ Member ✘
Link | | Quote | |
Jun 15 2017, 09:38 AM

Ever since she was small she had the attention of many people. Her parents which loved her deeply, her many friends which all admired her honesty... And good looks. Everywhere she was, she was not alone. Especially in Hawaii she was in a huge group of people, a few were the neighbour's children, the other ones were in the same surfing club as her.

And Skya really loved being surrounded by them as they knew she didn't mean bad if she was saying something inappropriate. The sporty girl often challenged her friends to climb up a palm tree and the first one to pick a fruit was the winner. As not everybody was the same age as her she won rarely. The older ones were taller and the fact that Skya was always rather small for her age supported that. But eventually she was able to use a certain technique to win at least sometimes. Everybody cheered with her everytime she won and nobody was bitter because they lost to a small girl.

Still there were times she loved being alone too, having some time for herself. While she was surfing nobody could disturb her, everybody knew it could get dangerous if she was distracted by somebody. The water sparkling on her skin, the wind throwing back her natural brown hair. These were the best conditions for her to relax, though she was not able to think about anything but surfing then.

When she thinks back on Hawaii, it kind of pushes her self confidence as it proves that she has charisma. But still it's not something she's always aware of. Yeah, there were many people loving her and her attitude, but there were also people offended by her too. That's the reason her childhoodfriend told her to think before she speaks and now that she often did so, it bothered her everytime she realized what exactly she was saying. Just like before... Positive thoughts - positive thoughts! Skya squinched her eyes and shook her head. What else did I do at home...

She only surfed in Hawaii, so she remembers deciding that Quidditch could also be fun playing alone. That's what she mostly did at home actually - playing Quidditch. If you wanted to become a professional player who had to train very hard and start as soon as you can. But of course only training alone wouldn't help her much playing a team game like this. Luckily her whole family was rather sporty, so the pure-blood often played with her parents, aunts, uncles and cousins. Though her cousins were very rough with her sometimes.

The further Skyatried thinking about doing things alone she noticed she was very rarely thinking about people in general. What she may have done wrong today, what certain people said, how did they behave... She spent way more time concentrating on sports or talking with somebody than thinking about what her friends are actually like. Somehow she had a feeling that she had to change that... Maybe some people lie about their own thoughts.

"No, it was not okay to forget your name. And nobody is fine with being forgotten." She tried to look him straight in the eyes, but she noticed him trying to do the opposite. For her it was important to look somebody in the eyes if she wanted to truly apologize. "I'm truly sorry that I did. I wouldn't like it myself." As he didn't turn his head to look at her, the girl just continued. "And.. I like your name. Definitly better than John or something like that." Her reddish brown eyes sparkled as she smiled. The Slytherin was very happy that Ty did not get offended by her comment and even more that he made a joke about it.

"But of course I would be one of these ladies too. Though I actually prefer seeing you... Not in dangerous situations."

--------------------
user posted image
Lilli!

✘ 32 posts ✘ Member ✘
Link | | Quote | |
Jun 15 2017, 08:11 PM

Tiberius sighed and picked up one of the smaller strawberries. The fruit was paler with a ring of green at the top and a firmness that clearly indicated it wasn’t ripe. Instead of eating it, the wizard set to rolling it between the tips of his fingers and enjoying the scent released in the crushed juices. Another benefit of doing this was that watching the fruit meant he could buy time in a slightly more convincing manner to not have to look at Skya in the eye just yet. She was still trying to apologise to him, and in a way that was eerily similar to how he really felt.

Maybe it was for the best that he went unknown, even if it didn’t feel that way. He didn’t want to face the hate and accusations when people realised what his mother had done and why she was in Azkaban, or how he’d been dragged in with her and interrogated like a criminal. How many people had the woman hurt and maimed in the battle at Hogwarts? How many did she kill? The former Ministry clerk had hurt and murdered people in Theron Balavan’s name, and when she was caught with the blood of a student on her hands, she had asked for her son. The one and only time she had ever asked for the boy, and it happened to be when she was caught by the Ministry in the middle of torturing a teenager. Ty shook his head as though it could banish the memories of being held in a custody suite while being questioned, or of what they told him his mother had done afterwards.

”Now it’s my turn to apologise,” he still wouldn’t meet her gaze, but he had so say something to deflect attention from the fact he’d been staring into space and shaking his head. That kind of behaviour often invited questions he would rather not answer. At least not with the truth. ”I was just thinking about home.” It wasn’t a complete lie. Now that he’d mentioned it, Ty’s thoughts went to his father. He wondered what the man was doing right now - and how much of the family fortune he was gambling down the drain. If there still was anything left to gamble by now that is. The Slytherin wouldn't be at all surprised if the man was gambling by virtue of the Winterley name with money they didn’t have.

Their assets had been seized by the Ministry as part of the investigation and what little that remained for them to use had been quickly lost in one card game or other. Ty had tried hating the man, but he just couldn’t. His father had taught him every card trick in the book until the fifteen year old was the much better player. It used to be one of their favourite pastimes together, and the makeshift dish coated in solidifying chocolate had been his very first deck. ”Scourgify,” he cleaned off the coating before transfiguring it back into a dog-eared pack of cards and finally eating the strawberry he’d been playing with. The tiny fruit was practically flavourless compared to the others he’d eaten.

”’Not in dangerous situations’, eh?” Tiberius repeated her words as a teasing question, and his muddy saltwater eyes finally darted up to meet Skya’s russet browns. A smile played across his lips in response to her’s. He couldn’t help it, the witch had an infectiously sunny disposition and he couldn’t seem to remain gloomy around her for long. ”I think that can be arranged just for you.” The fifth year let out a quiet chuckle, knowing he had about as much charm and charisma as a slice of Wensleydale cheese.

Then it hit him that Skya might actually think he was flirting. He could really do with not being laughed at for his lack of aptitude in that area, among other things. At around six feet of pale skin stretched over knobbly bones and perpetual dark circles beneath his eyes, the fifth year knew he wasn’t in the least bit attractive. That was something thing he often joked about, and made it seem like he thought he was the hottest thing going even though he really didn’t. The Slytherin cleared his throat and tried to hide the blush creeping across his cheekbones behind his messy hair, which happened to be just a little bit too short for the job.

”I didn’t mean…” he trailed off and swallowed hard. ”Merlin’s beard, I’m bad at this.” The words were out of his mouth, and once they were he couldn’t damn well put them back in. Tiberius groaned softly. He had just flat out admitted to somebody he barely knew that he was clueless when it came to social banter with girls, and he wasn’t the type to be truthful unless he absolutely had to be. Oh, or if he was caught off guard, just like he was right now.

✘ 12 posts ✘ Member ✘
Link | | Quote | |
Jun 16 2017, 03:31 AM

"Aww," Skya pouted. "Did you really not mean it like that?" Though she looked dissapointed from the outside, she had to chuckle internally. Not only because this reminded her of an encounter in the library, but also because she hadn't thought that she would see Ty blushing, esspecially today. The girl definitly didn't mind it, rather the opposite. She was a flirtatious witch as long as the company was good. And this was the case here.It was their first time actually talking to each other, but Skya enjoyed his company, so why should she deny a little bit of flirting?

There was not special reason as to why she liked flirting, the Slytherin just enjoyed it. But it's not like she would flirt with anyone, esspecially if she wasn't single - which she was as she was only fifteen now. Though she was old enough now. Some of her friends already wanted to set her up on dates with some random persons, but Skya prefered spontaneous meetings.

And now she met two guys in only a few days and she saw both blushing at the very first day which was kind of funny. Both caused that themselves, but in both cases she wanted to make it even worse. The difference was that she did not hold back that much in the library because this boy was definitly easy to tease, but she didn't think like that about Ty. He seemed rather mysterious which was charming comehow, the other one seemed like he was an open book. So it's no surprise he met that one in the library. All in all they weren't alike in any way but the fact they were able to make them blush themselves - as far as she could tell. At least they made a different impression in the same amount of time.

Skya examined his looks. Even though he may not be somebody many would call attractive instantly, he had features that could change somebody's mind if they thought about it. Well, Skya saw it like that. He was tall and had long fingers, features most definitly prefered. Plus - for Skya's taste - his messy hair was kind of attraktive. Though she was a sunny girl herself - which was barely predictable as she was very pale - the witch rather disliked tanned skin and typicall sunny boy muscles. Maybe it was just boring for her as she grew up with guys like that.

Being quite the beauty had its benefits as an outgoing girl, getting attention everywhere she goes from at least one person. It didn't really matter to her though that doesn't mean she completely ignored that. It of course pushed her self confidence and was one of the reasons she didn't mind being flirted with, but most would probably think "Oh they're just after my looks! They're so shady!" and Skya didn't. It was obvious somebody starts flirting to you because they're attracted to your looks, but they way you move and what you radiate matters too. So looks weren't everything that mattered for her.

That's why looks don't have to be attraktive alone, sometimes they just underline certain aura. And from her perspective Ty's dark circles under his eyes underlined his mysterious appearance though she couldn't tell if he actually was hiding something. It didn't matter now anyways, for now she was curious about how this conversation will go on. "You even looked me in the eyes just now." She tried to look him in the eyes again, but didn't actually believe Ty would return it. Keeping on her pouty face, she played around with her hair a little, curling a flick of it.

--------------------
user posted image
Lilli!

✘ 32 posts ✘ Member ✘
Link | | Quote | |
Jun 16 2017, 08:32 PM

The last thing Ty expected to happen during his routine daily lurk through the courtyard was to be stuck flirting with a pretty girl in his own house and year. He was confused, mostly by the fact Skya seemed to be genuinely interested in talking to him instead of being creeped out and running for the hills. As for the her pouting, the wizard honestly didn’t know what to make of it. She couldn’t possibly be disappointed that he didn’t mean to be a huge flirt, so he could only assume that she was playing. But to what end? For all he knew, his housemate could be making fun of him.

After spending so many years people watching he could often work out some small part of what motivated a person, and what struck him about Skya is that seemed utterly genuine until right now. So when it came to guessing her motives, he thought it more likely that she was pretending to flirt - in which case, she did a far better job of it than him. “You even looked me in the eye just now.” Skya maintained her artfully crafted pout and began playing with her blonde locks. In all his efforts to figure out what was going on and where the conversation was leading, the pale wizard had almost failed to notice that she was searching his gaze.

Tiberius blinked slowly from beneath his messy hair and refused to look away this time, despite the heat still rising in his cheeks. He wasn’t a flirt by nature, but he was definitely the kind of boy who could adapt to almost any situation. All he needed was a push and enough time to come up with a plausible sounding explanation. ”Alright then. Since I couldn’t possibly disappoint such a delightful young lady, this is the part where I tell you that I can’t help but look into such lovely eyes,” he responded with a mischievous smirk, and his gaze flicked down to his stuff on the floor. Well, it wasn’t about to put itself away.

One by one, the fifth year gathered up the pieces of junk piled up next to his large shoes until only the deck of cards remained. Playing with them would buy him precious seconds to think, and so he went straight to between shuffling and cutting the deck on the frame next to him. The Slytherin couldn’t pull any elaborate tricks or guess a person’s card, but he could play. Anything from solitaire to poker. Better yet, he was good at playing - really good - but he neglected to tell people that upfront. It was all the more easy to be a card sharp when people underestimated his skill, and oh how he enjoyed being overlooked.

”You know, if it’s a compliment you’re after, you could just tell me what you want to hear so that I can say it.” Stoppig just short of poking his tongue out, the boy chuckled quietly and rolled his eyes before splitting the deck in half and cascading back them together by applying pressure from underneath. He was just teasing - or trying to and failing spectacularly, depending on how somebody might look at it. After all, a girl like Skya could get a hundred compliments from guys much better looking, and far less strange, than him.

✘ 12 posts ✘ Member ✘
Link | | Quote | |
Jun 17 2017, 12:09 PM

There was no way for Skya to hold back a chuckle. Even if a smirk would make this situation more serious and possibly a little bit more embarrassing. Well, for him at least. "I have to repeat myself, you are such a gentleman." She gave him a quick smile, but turned to a quite serious face, though it rather looked like the face of a typical teacher you can't take serious. "But a true compliment," she layed her hand on her heart,"comes from the heart. So I wouldn't tell if I wanted one." The girl paused and switched back to less serious. "Plus - you don't want me to not believe you, do you?"

Oh, Skya didn't knew what she was missing five whole years in which she didn't seek a conversation with him. To her defense - it wasn't like she never tried speeking to him. There just wasn't a good reason to do so. She had her friends and some kind acquaintances. And she became best friends with encounter from only a few days ago too. So it doesn't matter if you don't appreciate somebodies existence from the very beginning. Love and friendship has to grow and as long as it does everything is fine. That sounds very cheesy, but for the witch it was a true saying. Not to forget that you can't possibly know if you could have become enemies with somebody if you met them earlier in a rather incongruous moment. For short, just be happy that you met certain people at the right place and time.

She again played around with her hair a little bit as she tried to remember the color of his eyes which was kind of an habit of hers - memorizing the eye color of people. They reminded her of her beloved sea even though they weren't of clear blue. Rather the part of the sea with a few parts of algae on top at night. But she wasn't so sure if that description fit as they kept eye contact for only a short time until now. What matters was that they reminded her of something she liked which made her want to look into his eyes even more. Probably it would be better if she didn't try to do so most of the time, especially if the other person prefered avoiding it, but the witch didn't think about that. For her looking into somebody's eyes was no problem, so why should it be for others, right? Yeah, her empathy remained low in such cases, but that was nothing she would worry about today.

As now she was rather surprised than anything that Ty kept going with the flirting, though she was also very impressed. Actually the longer she kept thinking about it, it wasn't that surprising. The fellow Slytherin started way earlier as he didn't want to admit that he would like to eat some of the strawberries too - at least it seemed like that. Even if it was questionable if that counted as flirt. It was rather a strange excuse, whyever somebody would seek an excuse for wanting somebody's strawberries. But it didn't bother her, it was kind of cute - a different kind of cute, if that made any sense. Of course that he kept chocolate with him was definitly cute or should she say sweet too, not in a strange way though.

Somehow Skya didn't really knew what she should think of him. He was mysterious, strangly attraktive, but also kind. She couldn't remember seeing him with a group of friends or anything that seemed similar, even though he had the potential. Still the thing that mattered for her was that Ty was very good company and even if she felt kind of sorry that he was kind of a ghostly person around here, she would definitly not mind spending time with him alone some other days too. Though Ty didn't respond to her question yet, her cheeky grin changed into a happy genuine smile.

--------------------
user posted image
Lilli!

✘ 32 posts ✘ Member ✘
Link | | Quote | |
Jun 20 2017, 01:48 AM

Considering the Slytherin was used to people passing by and slipping through his life like leaves on the wind, he found the more he spoke with the witch, the easier it was to converse with her. The banter certainly seemed to flow with ease compared to the start of their chance meeting. At least now, Ty’s blush had almost faded entirely from his cheeks even though he was still mildly embarrassed, although he’d have to wait to find out whether or not it would come back. He was worried that he might turn red again when she jokingly repeated that he was such a gentleman, and was grateful when his cheeks stayed cool to the touch when he pressed his fingers against his skin to check.

“But a true compliment comes straight from the heart. So I wouldn’t tell if I wanted one.” Skya told him in all seriousness with her hand covering her heart. He smiled gently in response. A true compliment may come straight from the heart, but he knew that very few people meant exactly what they said when they paid one. The terms ‘sugar coating’ and ‘little white lie’ were used interchangeably for embellishments, and hiding parts of the full truth, when giving praise.

Many people also flat out lied their backsides off or used false flattery. He knew the blonde sitting opposite didn’t do that. She appeared to be truthful even if it hurt others, but usually not intentionally. “Plus - you don’t want me to not believe you, do you?” She finished in a less serious tone. Of course he wanted Skya to believe him. In fact, Ty wanted the people around to believe him so much that he kept to the simplest of lies and recycled them so they fit together seamlessly. Even better, by not allowing other people in to get close, there was nobody around to know whether he was speaking truthfully or not and figure out the falsehoods. The lies were his best method of defence against being hurt by people, and a learned behaviour from years of thinking that everybody would rather be told what they wanted to hear.

Besides, if he didn’t let the people who actually noticed him in, he could limit the amount he ended up getting hurt by them. At least in theory, that is. Keeping that firmly in mind, the wizard paused in the act of fanning out his cards to reshuffle them and answered her directly. She appeared to keep trying to catch his eye, and that meant he had to work hard on looking at her - unless he was playing around with the deck. ”No way,” he replied with a half smile that curled to one side, ”nobody wants to be disbelieved.” Just like nobody wanted to think they were being lied to. Not when it really mattered anyway.

”Alright then, if you want a compliment from the heart; I think you’re a good person. Not a nice person, because so-called ‘nice people’ don’t often don’t have the strength of character to be completely honest like you do.” Admittedly, some people might fail to see where the compliment was in that statement, but he was trusting the blonde to see it for what it was. If she truly prided herself on being honest, Skya would know he’d been praising her truthfulness. He saw the irony in that. Tiberius the lair flattering somebody for being honest.

Now grinning and shielding his eyes from the sun, the boy slid to the floor and set down his cards as a full deck. In a solo game the house always won, although working out the probabilities instead of playing against the other person kept his skills sharpened. He supposed he could compliment her on looking lovely, having great dress sense, or even on being kind enough to sit and talk to a weird kid like him, but she probably heard things like that all the time. ”Blackjack,” Ty explained as he flipped over two cards, revealing the seven of spades and three of hearts. ”A total of ten isn’t the end of the world. It would be madness to stick on such a low number, too.” As he said that, the wizard flipped over two more cards that brought his total to twenty two. He shrugged and began shuffling the deck once more.

”Wait, do you play?” He asked hopefully. If Skya did and was interested, well, they could play whatever card game she wanted, and if she didn’t or wasn’t interested, he’d switch to solitaire. Ty often played that game before bed as a way to calm his mind if he couldn’t sleep.

✘ 12 posts ✘ Member ✘
Link | | Quote | |
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Skinned by Thisbe of the RPG-Directory

Push Sidebar by MERC of Merc does Cookies.
Tooltips by MALIHU.
Pop out PM by BLACK @ Code

Affiliates & Resources

RPG-D

Werld of Pwnage
Admin ★ | Mods ☆