Join the party at Hogsmeade. Don't forget to read this first: Clicky!

Top Sites (Vote for Us!)
Unbound Topsites - A Video Game RP Listing

Add Reply
New Poll

Just Chillin', Open to everyone
May 21 2017, 02:40 PM

August hung back a little as the crowd of students walking back to the castle from the greenhouses dissipated, leaving him to his own devices. With today’s final lesson over, he could unwind a little and enjoy the free time before dinner. As much as he enjoyed being in a crowd - and he really did - the wizard also appreciated the quiet times, where the silence was interrupted by nature, or a couple of voices at the most.

Arriving at the Lake, the wizard picked up a number of polished stones of similar weight, and set to smoothing the surfaces out with magic. He deposited most of them in his pocket, keeping back only a few that clinked together in his hands as he walked to a spot where he could see the lake stretching out beneath a cloud-darkened sky, with hills and forests in the background.

Perfect, he thought, and let loose the first pebble. It skimmed across the surface and sank after bouncing twice. He threw another, and another, clearing his mind of today’s lessons as the stones sent their ripples across the water.

--------
Good RPing! 5 points to Slytherin - Ashton

✘ 13 posts ✘ Member ✘
Male ✘ 13 Years Old ✘ Slytherin ✘ Second Year ✘ Offline
Link | | Quote | |
May 23 2017, 03:20 PM

The fifth years favorite place was definitly the lake, but going to the courtyards was just easier sometimes. Plus she had fun looking at people and socialize with them - the courtyards were way more suitable if you wanted to do so. Seriously, looking at people was kind of her hobby, even though she rarely remembers anything they do as only few actually do anything worth remembering or at least look like that. Skya stopped trying to memorize all the people she had spoken to or given any comment on their action. The ones that like the attitude of her befriended her, the ones who didn't, just didn't. So they were not worth knowing for her. Of course she tried not to offend anyone by saying something like "nice shirt, but I think it's supposed to be the other way round" as for her it simply wasn't. She didn't get why somebody would get offended by that, but there were some of that kind. And as long as they didn't bother her, she didn't care. Live and let live. Easy rule to live by, isn't it?

She was happy everytime she could find new friends or friendly acquaintances, but still she decided to spend her time in a rather quiet environment today as she was kind of homesick and the lake would help her feeling a little bit more like she was at home - the sound of the waves with the fitting beautiful view. Yeah, there definitly was no better place in hogwarts than the lake. Soon there will be many people around too, as it's getting hotter and hotter everyday. As she thought about that, she noticed a young guy not too far from her. He was throwing pebbles, so they would bounce on the lake's surface. Somehow she was sure she knew his face from somewhere and as he looked so young, he probably was a Slytherin too. "You don't seem like you've got the black belt in letting pebbles bounce.", the fake blonde sneered while looking at him.

--------
Great RPing! 5 points to Slytherin - Ashton

--------------------
user posted image
Thank you so much for this beautiful siggie
Lilli!

✘ 32 posts ✘ Member ✘
Female ✘ 15 Years Old ✘ Slytherin ✘ Fifth Year ✘ Offline
Link | | Quote | |
May 24 2017, 01:44 PM

“You don’t seem like you’ve got the black belt in letting pebbles bounce.” A voice called out from behind, startling Gus and causing him to clench his hand around the next pebble instead of throwing it. Oh well, even in Scotland the weather was unseasonably warm right now - despite the clouds turning more grey by the minute. It was only natural more people would flock to the grounds and seek out the cool waters of the lake.

”I got my black belt in fashion,” he answered sarcastically as he looked the witch over. She was older, blonde, and her lip curled back in a sneer. That was about all he got from his initial appraisal.

August turned back to the lake and let the pebble fly. This time it went further out, getting maybe five or six bounces before it plummeted below the surface. The boy honestly wasn’t very good at this, even though he enjoyed the mindlessness of it, and sometimes he was thankful of that. He didn’t want to give concussion to a mermaid after all.

”Go on then, if you think you can do better,” the wizard challenged and dug his hand deep into his pocket as he turned back to the witch. He held out a stack of pebbles and watched her expectantly.

✘ 13 posts ✘ Member ✘
Link | | Quote | |
May 25 2017, 05:36 AM

"Well, I can't see one little boy.", she stuck out her tongue and grinned. So young and already interested in fashion? That's a rare sight. Given that he actually is as young as she thought. Skya believes he saw him about two years ago as he was sorted in Slytherin. Of course she cheered just like everybody else in their house, it's always nice having new people around. But stilll she couldn't remember his name, the girl rarely does so as long as she didn't see them as friend material. Either that or they had to have a longer conversation.

The boy turned away from her, back to the lake and threw another pebble like it was a frisbee. She was sure he wasn't able to let it bounce five or six times before it plummeted below the surface previously. Probably the opposite of Murphy's law. "Impressive. For an amateur."

"Go on then, if you think you can do better.", he said turning towards her again and took a stack of pebbles out of his pocket. Watching her expectantly he held them out so she could take one.
"Even though I can't promise I'm any better, I will try." Well, actually she knew she would do better, it was one of her favorite activities back then, in Hawaii with her friends and family. And even if she failed, there is something called magic. She just had to use it without him noticing, but she prefered not to fail. And even if she had to use a spell, she would tell the truth afterwards, lying was just not her thing.

She took one of the pebbles and as expected she was able to let it bounce about twenty times. "Oh, I'm already a little bit rusty." With a big grin she looked at the boy. "Did you know the world record is 88 bounces?"

--------------------
user posted image
Lilli!

✘ 32 posts ✘ Member ✘
Link | | Quote | |
May 29 2017, 04:51 PM

(OOC: godmodding approved by Skya)

August watched in shock, then delight, as the older student agreed to try and took up one of the pebbles he was holding out. “Oh, I’m already a little bit rusty.” That announcement was all it took for the boy to realise she’d done this before, and probably more than once. His suspicions were confirmed when it skipped across the lake. He lot count of the number of bounces it made.

“Did you know the world record is 88 bounces?” The wizard shook his head and grinned at that question, then whistled one sharp blast in acknowledgement of the impressive feat. ”That’s a lot of bounces. I had no idea,” he raised an eyebrow and watched as the ripples disappeared from the water’s surface. August usually skipped stones to clear his head after a long day of lessons, although he could be competitive when he wanted to, no matter how bad he was at it.

”I bet you it was a fluke, and that you can’t do it again,” he held out the pile of stones with a challenging grin. Right away, the witch grabbed another stone and threw it out over the lake. It bounced once, twice… and he lost count again somewhere between ten and twenty bounces. She was good, very good. August turned to her with a calculating expression and gave her a moment to feel smug if she needed it. ”Can you show me how to do that? The best I can manage is around five, on a good day.” He asked for help and admitted he didn’t really know what he was doing in the same breath.

✘ 13 posts ✘ Member ✘
Link | | Quote | |
Jun 6 2017, 04:25 PM

"Well, I started like that too." Skya smiled thinking back on her first try. Her grandfather teached her how to let stones bounce and she was truly fascinated. But it wasn't that hard to learn. "And of course I will give you some advice." She took a pebble near by and pointed her wand on it. "First you have to make it as flat as possible, but try not to cut your finger if you make it paper thin. And of course you have to make the surface even."

The blonde put the flat pebble between her left thumb and her left forefinger. She took one step back with her right leg and looked out for a kind of quiet area on the lake. "Second, look out for a quiet area." The blonde put the flat pebble between her left thumb and her left forefinger. "Third, position yourself just as I did now, try to keep your pebble to a 20° angle to the water." The Slytherin smiled as she knew this would be one of her best shots. Previously she was just going with her feeling - but now she was doing what she was teached to do. "And last but not least... You have to throw it, but only move your ellbow."

"Hell yeah!" She screamed out of joy as she saw her pebble bounce about fifty times now. "Try it! It's easy after a few times, you just have to keep training." Because she was in a very good mood now she pat the younger boy on his head, but she realized that he could not appreciate it. "Sorry!", she said with a big smile on her face.

--------------------
user posted image
Lilli!

✘ 32 posts ✘ Member ✘
Link | | Quote | |
Jun 12 2017, 06:08 PM

Hearing that the mystery blonde started out skimming stones with bounces in the single digits helped the young Slytherin to feel more at ease. It made sense that everybody had to start somewhere, even those who made a feat appear easy. August watched and listened intently as the she doled out tips one after another.

“Hell yeah!” The witch cried out as a pebble smoother than a sheet of ice skimmed expertly over the lake’s surface. “Try it! It’s easy after a few times, you just have to keep training.” That made sense, and the Slytherin found himself automatically nodding in agreement as he picked another stone from his pocket. He’d barely taken his wand out when he felt the gentle repetitive pressure of a hand patting his head.

“Sorry!” The witch apologised immediately, a huge smile breaking out across her face. He didn’t know how to take it. On one hand, she might have been patronising him, and on the other hand, she could simply be showing affection. Either way, this semi-familiar-stranger had crossed a boundary and August took a hasty step back in case she tried it again. ”Don’t worry about it,” he replied quickly. ”But if it’s alright with you, I’d rather not be petted on the head by a complete stranger. My name is August, by the way, although my friends call me Gus.” The boy introduced himself casually, trying not to sound too much like a moody teenager as he did, and returned to smoothing the stone out with magic further until it was almost flattened.

”Like this?” August turned aside and tried to imitate what the blonde had done earlier, although it wasn’t nearly as easy as she’d made it seem. The first couple of pebbles he fired off barely made it into the double digits. Still, eleven bounces was far better than five and the next few stones slowly began to creep up on twenty bounces the more he threw. ”Nineteen! Did you see that one?” He yelled excitedly and tugged on the witch’s sleeve like a younger child, a massive grin settling over his features. It was still a long way off the record, though.

”So how did somebody manage eighty eight, then? It must have been magic.” Gus finished with a challenge. There was just no way he could imagine somebody being that good without a little help from a wand.

✘ 13 posts ✘ Member ✘
Link | | Quote | |
Jun 18 2017, 11:00 AM

"Nineteen! Did you see that one?" The boy yelled and tugged at Skya's sleeve just as her younger cousin always did. Though she rather clinged to her arm and jumped up and down. She definitly prefered August's tugging as that didn't hurt unlike her cousin's method to show her excitement. "Yees! Very good!" The blonde returned his grin. "If you keep on training I could be scared of you taking my place as", she made a hand movement portending her fabulous face, "Hogwart's best pebble-bouncer." She poked her tongue out and ruffled her hair. Of course there was no title like that, but if it existed she would probably own it as she would win any Hogwarts contest obviously, duh. Maybe she will ask some people if they actually wanted to organize a contest like that with her. She could combine it with another idea she had for a while now.

"So how did somebody manage eighty eight, then? It must have been magic."
The question pulled her out of her thoughts. "Well, there is no way for us to check if he used it." Skya sat down and pulled her legs to her body. "We could search through some books in the library to check if he was a wizard. Or just ask some teachers." The witch pulled her wand out of her pocket. "I never heard his name associated with magic, but I know that " With her free hand she threw one of the pebbles and as it was bouncing, she whispered and pointed on the area the pebble was bouncing to. "Spongify." She giggled at the sight as she kind of failed at little bit. The fact that the pebble was jumping higher then ever now made no sense and everybody not noticing the deception must be dense. "You know, you could also just use a spell like Wingardium Leviosa, but that would be even more obvious if you're not able to cast a spell without your wand."

The Slytherin put back her wand and rested her arms on her knees. "To be fair though, it could also be that the weather and the water itself just harmonized perfectly to make that record. You shouldn't think of the negative possibilities first. Optimism is very important in life - tepending on the situation."

--------------------
user posted image
Lilli!

✘ 32 posts ✘ Member ✘
Link | | Quote | |
Jun 19 2017, 11:13 AM

“Yes! Very good! If you keep up on training I could be scared of you taking my place as Hogwart’s best pebbler-bouncer,” the blonde witch exclaimed and poked out her tongue. Gus’ mother would have said the witch was being childish, but he kind of liked it. There were so many stuffy people around the castle, so he was glad the expert skimmer appeared to have a brighter and more fun-loving disposition. Some things were just as important as exams and that included rest, relaxation and enjoying oneself.

”Oh, I’ll have your personal record beaten in weeks now that I know the secret to doing it right,” the young Slytherin joked, grinning brightly. He was sure that she would still win even if he practiced every day for the rest of the term.

Facing out over the lake, he could feel a refreshing breeze flow over the water’s surface and cool his skin. The layered school robes that made him feel hot and stuffy, even though the weather was barely warm. The boy cocked his head to one side and listened to the blonde witch talk about the world record for skimming. One of her pebbles began bouncing on the surface of the water like a rubber ball. That was decidedly not normal.

”Optimism is great and all,” and it really was, he decided, ”but is your pebble supposed to be doing that?” Instead of sinking like it should have even with softenI got magic, it seemed to have found a nice spot on the lake and continued to bounce. The wizard gave the older girl a worried luck. With all the magic going going wrong around here, he didn’t know if it was an accidental mismanagement of the spell, or another magical abnormality.

✘ 13 posts ✘ Member ✘
Link | | Quote | |
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Skinned by Thisbe of the RPG-Directory

Push Sidebar by MERC of Merc does Cookies.
Tooltips by MALIHU.
Pop out PM by BLACK @ Code

Affiliates & Resources

RPG-D

Werld of Pwnage
Admin ★ | Mods ☆